Renault twingo Heater - Renault Twingo Forum
User Tag List

post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-24-2017, 04:40 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Renault twingo Heater

Hello I have a 2015 Renault twingo TCE 90. I have had it for two days and have noticed the heater is absolutely awful. When on max the air is barely warm. It is unable to defrost my windscreen its so bad. Is this normal for a Twingo or could there be some underlying issue. Thanks for any help
post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-26-2017, 03:10 PM

Hello,

I've been out and about quite a bit during the last few couple of cold days, and the heater in my GT seems fine.
I actually thought to myself how well and quickly it heated up the other morning.

Is yours the climate control version of manual heat control?

You might find that if you set the air to recirculation, it will heat up more quickly because less cold air will be coming in from outside.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-27-2017, 06:00 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I have a 2015 TCE and my heater works fine, so perhaps you have an issue.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-30-2017, 05:54 AM

Its still under warranty, I'd take it to the dealers- it doesn't sound normal. Mine works fine (both my 66 plate and, while I had it, 15 plate)
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-11-2017, 06:49 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hi, I know that this is more a question of my problem, rather than a response to the heater problem, hope that "titaniumviper" has found a cure for the problem

CAN ANYONE HELP ME ????

Twingo 2011
While driving. and when indicating to the right, the instrument panel indicator flashes normally, with a need of breaking this light fades, on the back right hand side both the indicator and braking light lights simultaneously, neither the front right indicator or right front panel indicator has any problem, only the back right indicator.

If I turn the motor on and indicate to the right no problem, as soon as I press the brake pedal, the problem arises where both the brake light and indicator light lights at the same time and is weaker than the left which indicators normally.

PLEASE HELP

Thank you
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-11-2017, 03:10 PM

It sounds like the instrument cluster problem. You'll need proper diagnostics, I guess Renault dealer and possibly replacement. Keep in mind that you can't pass MOT with faulty instrument cluster... Good luck!
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-11-2017, 04:21 PM

Well we may never hear about the original heater question... But for what it's worth, in the current very cold weather, after a couple of miles, my GT is quite toasty and cosy!

Anyway, regarding the indicator/brake light - it sounds more like to me that there is a short circuit of some kind in the rear lamp unit. Could be that moisture has got into the lens/light unit, or it could be something as simple as one of the bulbs (either the indicator/brake) having moved slightly and the contacts may be touching etc.

You need either to investigate it yourself or take it to a garage - not essential to use a dealer.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-13-2017, 10:40 AM

I've found that if you're running the engine on the drive hoping it will warm up and defrost the screen it won't. Only seems to heat up when you're actually driving.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Renault Twingo Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page