Watch a 2014 Renault Twingo 1.0 Take Forever to Reach 100 KM/H - Renault Twingo Forum
User Tag List

post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-24-2014, 06:58 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Watch a 2014 Renault Twingo 1.0 Take Forever to Reach 100 KM/H

This video was put together by the Germans at Ausfahrt.tv. It shows the Twingo is painfully slow to reach 100 km/h. Up to about 50 or 60 km/h, it's perfectly fine, but after that, there's not enough power. It even runs out of pushing force right before 100 km/h and needs an extra cog. The publication says the 14.5 seconds Renault claims are actually 15.4 seconds. Maybe they made a spelling mistake and got their numbers reversed.

To be honest I didn't really expect anything else, what do you guys think?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrN2psD_lys
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-24-2014, 08:04 AM

Did you watch the BBC Watchdog programme a couple of weeks ago that featured the Fiat 500's too underpowered to go up a hill?

The entry-level Fiat 500 1.2-litre was revised in May to reduce emissions to 113g/km CO2 and comply with new Euro 6 regulations.

But owners have apparently been contacting Watchdog, complaining that the 69hp petrol engine struggles to maintain speed up steep hills, and makes hill starts tricky.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-24-2014, 08:16 AM

I watched the BBC show, that Fiat was shocking, apparently Fiat aren't doing anything about it either.

If you've not seen it here is a clip showing the former 'Stig' Ben Collins having a go....

BBC IPlayer - Fiat 500
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-24-2014, 10:37 AM

I'm not sure what people expect from a city car. 60 MPH is more than plenty for round towns and cities!
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-01-2014, 05:02 AM Thread Starter

Yeah I watched that show. This meme always makes me laugh, it was doing the rounds on twitter after BBC aired it.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Fiat 500.JPG (45.2 KB, 6 views)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Renault Twingo Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page