Infotainment System Problem - Any thoughts? - Renault Twingo Forum
User Tag List

post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 04-23-2018, 03:22 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Infotainment System Problem - Any thoughts?

Just to start, I have the car booked in at the local Renault garage in a weeks time. I just thought I would see if anybody had any experience with a similar problem.

So... I was out on a nice drive in the peak district with my music playing through my memory stick; there had been a few bumpy bits on the road but nothing too wild. When all of a sudden the music cuts off and a loud buzzing started coming through the speakers. If it weren't a Twingo with a rear engine, you would have thought the throttle was wide open, it was that loud and buzzy. So of course, I go to the usual solution for electronic problems, turn it off and on, pulling up at the side of the road (in a safe place of course) and turn the engine off and open the door as would usually turn off the music. But to no luck, the buzzing persisted after I had turned off, got out and locked the car! NOT GOOD!

I got home and after consulting the handbook about fuses, I found that my fuse box doesn't line up anything like what the handbook is showing. Either somebody has stolen about 30% of my fuses, or they're just not needed whatsoever. The plan of removing the infotainment system fuse and swapping it for a new one went out of the window, but the last trick up my sleeve was to disconnect the battery and reconnect it (hard reset the system). This seemed to do the trick! I didn't have to disconnect it fully either; removing the red cover and loosening the nuts holding it all together stopped the buzzing. So tightening back up and the system comes back on, taking a few minutes for music to start playing through the radio, and then checking the USB and all seems ok... Until I try to change the volume and then the music begins cutting out once again. No buzzing this time though.

I remove the USB stick to find that the metal of the connector is SCALDING HOT! This leads me to think there may be a short somewhere in the system, mainly to do with the USB area as the SD card for navigation is not hot whatsoever.

I've relayed all of this information on to the people at Renault, so they can start to have a think about what's going on.

If anyone has anything in mind that may have occurred, then do get in touch. The more information flowing, the better it will be for me and those in future with similar problems searching the forum.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Renault Twingo Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page