Spare (non battery operated) key help please. - Renault Twingo Forum
User Tag List

post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-22-2017, 05:01 AM Thread Starter
Rdn

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Spare (non battery operated) key help please.

Got a 0.9 Dynamique at the weekend. Upgrade from my previous dirty diesel Panda. Love the car (may remove side stripes though - heat gun best way?). Only issue I've had is with the 'spare' key. The one without the locking buttons. There's only a lock on the passenger door, and if you open the door with the spare key, all the other doors are still locked. Is the only way to open all the doors to press the door lock button on the dash once passenger door is open, or am I being epically thick! The manual doesn't seem to explain a way you can use the spare key to open all the doors at once with the central locking via the passenger door lock. Is there a way to do this? Any help would be greatly appreciated. It's the only fly in the ointment with it! Thanks in advance.
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-23-2017, 04:19 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I don't think there is. I think the 2nd key really is only an emergency one - I gave mine to my other half and then it realised it was useless in terms of practicality. So if you want a 'proper' 2nd key I guess you need to pay for one.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 09:26 AM

Weird, I was given two keys with locking buttons (there button on each – Lock, Unlock, Boot unlock). I'd like only a key as I tend to enter and exit via the passenger side due to space constraints when parking!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-05-2017, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdn View Post
Got a 0.9 Dynamique at the weekend. Upgrade from my previous dirty diesel Panda. Love the car (may remove side stripes though - heat gun best way?). Only issue I've had is with the 'spare' key. The one without the locking buttons. There's only a lock on the passenger door, and if you open the door with the spare key, all the other doors are still locked. Is the only way to open all the doors to press the door lock button on the dash once passenger door is open, or am I being epically thick! The manual doesn't seem to explain a way you can use the spare key to open all the doors at once with the central locking via the passenger door lock. Is there a way to do this? Any help would be greatly appreciated. It's the only fly in the ointment with it! Thanks in advance.
Unlocking the doors with the "spare" key isn't your only problem. LOCKING the doors with only that key is your big problem. Well, not really a problem more of an impossibility.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 09:01 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
IIRC it's Ł90 for another proper key from Renault.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Renault Twingo Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page