User Tag List

3Likes

post #1 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-02-2016, 06:49 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
New Twingo Problems

Hi All,

I have a new Twingo (2 months old) has anybody else had any issues with the radio re-starting? as in scrren going blank and then turning back on.

Also does anybody have a noise when the esp light comes on in strong wind? I have spoken to my dealer about this and been told it is normal and is just the system kicking in. I struggle to believe this as it really does not sound good or safe to me.

If anybody can answer any of my questions it would be a massive help.

Cheers
Jason
post #2 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-03-2016, 04:51 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
What sort of noise? Have driven mine a reasonable amount in strong wind as it's my daily commuter and haven't had the ESP trigger because of wind.
post #3 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-03-2016, 10:31 AM

ESP really shouldn't be coming on when it's windy. Basically ESP is a combination of antilock brakes and traction control.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-03-2016, 12:14 PM

Iirc there is something in the manual about the ESP and crosswinds? I'll see if I can find it.
post #5 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-03-2016, 04:36 PM

Mine definitely does not like side winds - it's at it's worse as you go past a lorry, ESP light comes on and flickers for a couple of seconds

According to the manual

"Assistance with side winds
This system optimises the action of the ESC and also helps to control the vehicle in case of variation of side winds.
It helps maintain the vehicle trajectory through the use of the brakes.
If the system is activated, the indicator light  may flash on the instrument panel
Furio likes this.

Last edited by AllyRow; 03-03-2016 at 04:39 PM.
post #6 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-04-2016, 04:57 AM

That's what I was thinking
post #7 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-04-2016, 06:14 AM Thread Starter

Hi all, thanks for your replies. It is a hard noise to explain, its almost like when some sort of electrical plug is not quite plugged in correctly and you get that spark/fuse sort of noise.

It only seems to make the noise in a strong crosswind and the esp light flashes on and straight off again.

The ones who have said they get the light on in crosswinds have you noticed any noise at all?
post #8 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-06-2016, 09:20 AM

I have exactly the same issue with the radio and it's done that since new the day I drove away from the dealership with 15 miles on the clock. I've had a software update which then corrupted the radio completely making it inoperable so was replaced with a brand new head unit but still the problem persists. I've been told by Renault that is a known issue but as yet no fix is known. It seems to happen regardless of whether Bluetooth is activated or not, whether it's DAB or standard, whether there's a large voltage drain... I can't get any pattern emerging other than the fact it drives me nuts and feeling so frustrated that supposedly nothing can be done. It's unacceptable in a new car.

Oh and yes have the same thing with the ESP on crosswinds. I think it's meant to do that (though feels very unsafe) but the noise you describe is exactly what I hear too.

I've got a 15 plate 1.0SCE Play
1393jason likes this.
post #9 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-07-2016, 04:36 AM Thread Starter

Hi countertenor, Thank you for your reply.

It is certainly is not good enough for a brand new car. Mine has been back in the garage 4 times already! faulty tyre pressure gauge, new sensor and the software update to fix faulty headlights.

I am waiting for a call back from Renault now as I cannot see how all these faults are good enough on a brand new car.

I am glad you are having the same issue with the esp is scared me to death the first time I heard it, I though the electrics was about to fuse.

I have the Dynamique 90BHP so frustrating as it is a great looking car that I no longer wish to drive.
post #10 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-07-2016, 04:40 PM

Jason-so sorry to hear of your problems. Do you have the r-link stereo or the standard one? There's a useful Twingo 3 forum from Germany which I've found lots of information as things seem fairly thin on the ground in this country so far (in terms of sharing/solving problems). The TPMS error is known too. Even the loan car Twingo that I had from the main dealer when mine was in for warranty work had the tire pressure light on. Incidentally, my car came back with body damage and more faults than when it went into the garage. Have a case file with Renault UK as the problems are ongoing, unfortunately. There are a few people mentioning issues on Twitter. I think it's important to use this forum and other means to get the word out there to highlight issues we might have to help put pressure on Renault to help solve issues we might have as a collective voice is surely stronger than a single one. I could go on for hours on this. I've got more than a few grievances...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Renault Twingo Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page