New Twingo Problems - Page 2 - Renault Twingo Forum
User Tag List

3Likes

post #11 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-08-2016, 04:22 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
countertenor-I will have a look for that forum later. I certainly do not think Renault actually car or not about the issues. The amount of time I have wasted sitting about at the garage etc is getting ridiculous now.

I have the standard radio, I presume that's what you have?

Did you buy the car on finance by any chance?
post #12 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-08-2016, 04:50 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
That lot doesn't sound good

Mine is in for its service today along with them looking at the spanner light/misfire issue. Fingers crossed the relationship with the dealer has started off quite well as they got their Master Technician to come out with me for 5 minutes and that gave me a chance to explain the issue properly to him, and he was useful with his feedback.

It is interesting that there's very little in terms of UK forums for the Twingo 3 - this seems to be the place but it needs more attention in terms of admin as there's too much spam on here that gets in the way.
post #13 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-08-2016, 05:13 AM

Jason-I didn't buy the car on finance, no. It was in fact a trade down from a new Renaultsport Clio that my same local dealer managed to damage when it was in for warranty work as well (can you see a pattern emerging here?) with a cash settlement that Renault gave me to cover the difference.

It's laughable really the whole situation. I've taken days off work several times, been towed, met with utter disdain and contempt, no loan cars, a damaged car, an inoperable car, a dirty car-and the dealer in question is not a franchise but one of the 'esteemed' Renault Retail Group dealers. My list isn't exhaustive. Their sheer incompetence leaves me dumbfounded. I should have not given them another chance after my whole Renaultsport debacle and six more garage visits later with my new Twingo and my issues are still unresolved and I don't have any confidence that they will be.

To be fair, Renault UK have been very helpful but I really want to reject the car but it's not possible to do that now. I should have known from the start when I went to pick up my Twingo with just 15 miles on the clock that was delivered with scratches on 5 panels (which they mostly rectified on the day but 4 hours of waiting in the showroom) that I was doomed... I've tried to keep my cool and be dignified but it's so difficult at times when you feel that you're just a piece of merde to them that I have to say I've got a bit Jeremy Kyle on them on more than one occasion.

I know I'm not being fussy. I have a Lexus as well (and a nice 65 plate Golf GTi) and not that I'm trying to compare these cars with my Twingo but my litany of grievances with the car and the support network stands alone. It's simply not good enough. I've had some woeful trade in valuations but might have to just swallow the loss and get on with life (and, sadly, away from Renault). It's a shame as their products look so stylish and it appears they're trying so hard to reinvent their image but I'm not sure whether they're products are a pile of merde or I'm just incredibly unlucky.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-08-2016, 05:14 AM

Good luck with the service today, Turbo. Hopefully the faults replicate themselves when the master technician is out with you.
post #15 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-08-2016, 05:16 AM

Just re-read your post, Turbo. Glad the tech could go out with you and that you get a resolution. The Twingo is such a cool car and looks great. I just wish the execution was a bit better and the dealers (certainly in my experience) didn't just meet you with a Gallic shrug if there's a problem. I think I'm going to change dealers, that's for certain!!
post #16 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-08-2016, 08:47 AM

Well it was typical that it didn't do any of the misfiring/severe hesitation when the technician was driving it but it did give him a chance to explain a little about it and the fact that TADTS to a certain extent with the fuelling to meet emissions. And of course the spanner light went out all by itself, however the fact that the gearchange indicator still isn't working will hopefully lead to some kind of cause.

Why can't you reject your car now? How long have you had the Twingo?
post #17 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-08-2016, 10:28 AM

Hi Turbo. Of course your most of your Twingo's issues didn't manifest themselves when the master tech was with you. It's always the way!!! I think they're pre-programmed to cause maximum frustration and be on their best behaviour when they get anywhere near a dealership. Smart cars they are indeed (no pun intended).

I've had mine since August. Whilst the problems started immediately after delivery, I gave the dealership multiple opportunities to fix them but I guess I should have insisted on a rejection straight away as I suspect too much time has passed now. I was more than furious with the body damage though and would have thought this would have been immediate grounds for rejection as my property was devalued by the garage but Renault UK said no. Incidentally, there's an interesting review on YouTube of the new Twingo that's recently been posted where the guy had one as a courtesy car. It suffered various electrical glitches during the test: an issue with the headlights and foglights and then wouldn't start!!

How long have you had yours, Turbo? And I presume you've got the 0.9L rather than the speedy 1.0L sewing machine?
post #18 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-08-2016, 11:13 AM

Not seen that one on youtube, I'll have a look as I've watched most others.

Bought mine end of January 16, so not had it long, 6 weeks maybe? It is indeed the 0.9 turbo hair dryer
post #19 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-09-2016, 11:05 AM Thread Starter

countertenor- Like you I wish I had rejected the car on the 1st trip and if not then on the 2nd trip to the garage as I believe you have this option if a fault develops and the dealer or Renault cannot argue. I am now, unfortunately going through the rejection process with Renault finance as its still within 6 months old, but I am sure they will not make it easy for me.

I had been promised a call yesterday from the "rejection team" but guess what? ... No call.

After all the issues I have had and looks like others are having, I think I want to push for a refund as I have lost all confidence in Renault now.
post #20 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-09-2016, 11:21 AM

So when are you guys having the ESP cross wind kicking in? I do plenty of miles (up to 2000 already from 15 at end of January), but virtually none on the motorway as my commute is just A and mostly B roads.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Renault Twingo Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page