Renault New Twingo RS Renaultsport SPY PHOTOS!!! - Renault Twingo Forum
User Tag List

Old 07-24-2014, 03:58 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Renault New Twingo RS Renaultsport SPY PHOTOS!!!

The first spy shots of the new Twingo RS:

http://www.worldcarfans.com/11407247...the-first-time

Quote:
It was only yesterday when we published spy pics of the 2015 Smart ForTwo by Brabus and now photographs with its French cousin, the Renault Twingo RS, have emerged. The angry rear-wheel drive pocket rocket wearing the diamond logo will come with an additional air intake below the front grille while at the back it will feature a dual exhaust setup.

Power will likely be generated by an uprated variant of the three-cylinder 0.9-liter TCe turbocharged gasoline engine which in the standard Twingo and ForTwo develops 90 PS (66 kW) and 135 Nm (100 lb-ft). The RS derivative will up the ante to somewhere in the region of 110 - 120 PS (81 - 88 kW), just like the Brabus-modified ForTwo.

Aside from offering more power, both cars will pack a sports suspension setup, larger wheels, beefier brakes and probably a revised steering system for a more agile feel while a few aerodynamic tweaks are probably planned as well. The cars should be out in the first half of 2015 and will command a significant premium over the standard versions to justify the upgrades.

Old 07-24-2014, 04:21 PM

Cheers Doc, we all knew this was bound to happen. My only request is that the RS be three doors only. Stretch the doors, a bit, enlarge the engine bay perhaps, I'm hopefull they go with something larger back there...

Old 07-25-2014, 11:21 AM

Not much camo on it at all. I don't think that tape at the front is hiding anything really.

The RS Twingo would be awesome. I really like the hot hatch idea. City cars can be fun to drive too.

I think it'll look better in white than black though. The black reminds me of the Fiat 500 Abarth.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-25-2014, 06:40 PM

I wonder what that ELF sticker is doing there on a mule? ^^^

Old 07-25-2014, 07:32 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keisuke View Post
I wonder what that ELF sticker is doing there on a mule? ^^^
Engineers having fun with their baby 911
Old 07-28-2014, 10:48 AM

I've been reading this is not in fact a Twingo RS, but a Twingo GT. The circumstances limiting an RS model have not changed in the intervening months. There is still too little room in the rear bay to fit a sufficiently punchy powerplant!

Quote:
In a previous set of spy pics we referred to the hotter Twingo as wearing the "RS" moniker but upon further investigation we found out the company's design senior vice president Laurens van den Acker said a few months ago it's unlikely to happen. The main reason as to why it won't see the light of production day is because there isn't enough space inside the engine bay to squeeze a larger motor which would have to develop at least 150 bhp (112 kW) in order to be worthy of the RS designation, according to Renault Sport Tehnologies CEO Patrice Ratti.
Not to mention the mule is clearly sporting drum rears, not exactly sporting...

Old 08-27-2014, 12:48 PM

To confirm Renault themselves have no come out and acknowledged the RS mule as the GT mule...

Quote:
Ratti also commented that the hotter Twingo would be badged as the GT, not the RS, because the power will unlikely top the 133 hp (98 kW) of the previous generation RS. As reported before, the new French pocket-rocket will probably top at 110 - 120 PS (81 - 88 kW), just like the Brabus-modified ForTwo.

Old 03-07-2015, 04:35 PM

Thank you for*good*communication.
Old 03-22-2015, 09:14 AM

Thank you for*good*communication.
Old 03-23-2015, 08:45 AM

Any further news on this model yet? Hot Twingos seem to have went quiet lately.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Renault Twingo Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in