My GT's first birthday and new wheels - Renault Twingo Forum
User Tag List

post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-14-2018, 12:06 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My GT's first birthday and new wheels

My Twingo GT has just had its first birthday and service. All good and OK.

I've also treated it to a new set of wheels... This might seem strange to some people but hear me out.
Although one of the sales features of the GT are its 17" wheels, I have never been a fan of "rubber band tyres", especially on most of the roads we have here.

Also, it is too easy to kerb or damage the wheels, and thinking of when the time comes to p/x the car, it'd be better to have non-damaged wheels at deal time (I'd put the old ones back on then)

So, I've done the opposite to what some people might do, and have got a set of 15" wheels. A few advantages - tyres are cheaper than 17", and the ride is softened a bit - but handling still good.

I'm a bit too old to be a "boy racer" so can justify it!

Here are a couple of pics.

PS - Too quiet here for my liking - where is everyone? Or is it that not many Twingos are around?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Photo0081.jpg (709.4 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg Photo0082.jpg (172.5 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg Photo0085.jpg (671.3 KB, 16 views)
post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-18-2018, 03:57 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi, happy birthday to your GT!

Mine had a birthday end of Dec. Sadly, no prezzies but a clean bill of health on its first service!

The wheels are very smart choice, especially if you have rubbish roads. Mine are still not scuffed, but I'm sure they will be at some point... I used to have a second set of wheels and winter tyres on my previous car and I found it a faff to have to change them twice a year. No snow down south either. So I'm happy to keep to one set of wheels at the moment. Hubby happy too with extra space in the garage

I agree, too quiet here. Maybe people only come when they have a problem? Which is good, no problems on Twingo is excellent news!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Renault Twingo Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page