Exhaust tip cleaning - Renault Twingo Forum
User Tag List

post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-07-2015, 11:12 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Exhaust tip cleaning

When I was looking round the car I noticed the exhaust tip was pretty blacked up, what's the best for cleaning it? The rest of the car was immaculate.
post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-15-2015, 09:48 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
There are a wide range of safe cleaners to use on exhaust tips such as degreasers, all purpose cleaners, dedicated wheel cleaners and different metal polishes. Experiment around and find out what products work best for you. I personally like to use the degreaser by Chemical Guys El Diablo and P21S Metal Polishing Soap but again a lot of different products work.

After the initially cleaning you will need to polish the metal. I’ve tested several products and Chemical Guys Metal Shine is so far my favorite. Ever since using it cleaning my exhaust tips has been quick and easy. After polishing you can use a metal wax to help protect the tips. I’ve never had a need for this type of a product so I can’t speak to its effectiveness.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Renault Twingo Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page