Orange spanner light staying on and hesitation when cold - Page 2 - Renault Twingo Forum
User Tag List

post #11 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-19-2016, 09:12 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Another update on this:

I've had it do to me what it did to my OH - spanner light comes on along with ABS and traction control lights, and you lose pretty much all the power (you could just about do walking speed I think). I've had it twice in 2 weeks, in the same circumstances - cold start in the morning, drive 1/4 mile down the road and the lights come on. But both times, pulling over and leaving the engine off for a few moments before restarting has cleared it, and it's been fine for the rest of the hour long commute. Hmmm.
post #12 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-20-2016, 04:23 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ouch!! Really hope this gets sorted. I wonder if others have had the same thing happen? Could it be voltage or charging related? By the way, completely OT but have you noticed that only the front passenger door has a key lock? Surely a remnant from a cost-cutting LHD/RHD platform...
post #13 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-21-2016, 04:47 AM Thread Starter

No I think it's braking and stability control related and I'll bet it's only something like a temperamental sensor - if it gets an bad reading it shuts off all ABS/TC and only allows you to go at walking pace as a rear engined RWD car without it would be lethal!

I used to have a TT Roadster Quattro at one point that had a dodgy ABS wheel speed sensor and that would throw a wobbly if it got a bad reading from it - you'd lose ABS, TC and 4WD in that case, although it didn't do anything to the engine power.

Yes I did notice the key thing, and quite recently to after giving the 'spare' key to my other half and then trying to work out how the **** to get in! Only after referring to the handbook did I bother going around to the passenger side to find the lock. She borrows my key now if she needs to use the car (not that she does as she hates it lol!).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-27-2017, 04:56 AM Thread Starter

Spanner light on again, isn't going out. Booked in for the 9th March.
post #15 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-02-2017, 09:03 AM

Mine had the spanner light on back about Christmas time. Went to dealer and they turned it off but was told there was a recall (diagnostics update) and would need to come back.
Got a call from dealer last week, twingo went in on Tuesday and got plugged in and updated and seemingly all now sorted.
post #16 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-03-2017, 04:24 AM Thread Starter

I wonder if mine will end up with that then. Seems to drive pretty much ok but feels a little down on power. Strangely my change up/change down indicator seems to have stopped working as well (I think it did that previously from what I remember).
post #17 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-14-2017, 05:22 AM Thread Starter

Another update:

Spanner light turned itself off a couple of days before it was due to go into the dealer (annoyingly). Gear change indicator still not working though. I wanted them to do a full diagnosis so the car went into the dealer anyway. It appears this was the right thing to do as the found an issue with one of the injectors. The guff I got from the dealer was that they have re-programmed the injector(s). Spanner light is off, gear change indicator working fine, and it feels a lot better when cold now (significantly less hesitation). Let's see if this stays.
post #18 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-02-2017, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboTomato View Post
Another update:

Spanner light turned itself off a couple of days before it was due to go into the dealer (annoyingly). Gear change indicator still not working though. I wanted them to do a full diagnosis so the car went into the dealer anyway. It appears this was the right thing to do as the found an issue with one of the injectors. The guff I got from the dealer was that they have re-programmed the injector(s). Spanner light is off, gear change indicator working fine, and it feels a lot better when cold now (significantly less hesitation). Let's see if this stays.
Our twingo with 5k on the clock just had the spanner appear on dash.
Dealer said was a service light which it was not.
As with yours when in garage they said it was an injector issue that needed reprogramming.
All good now and goes Better than ever.
The wife can't drive it with the Eco button off as its to rapid now! Lol
post #19 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-03-2017, 04:20 AM Thread Starter

Interesting.

My problems doesn't seem to be resolved - hesitation as bad as ever when cold and now having idling problems on occasion as well. Sometimes it hunts at idle, sometimes it drops down to sub-500rpm and feels like it's going to stall before coming back up to about 700rpm and then dropping down and doing it again. It also does this as you go down through the gears when approaching a junction or similar.
post #20 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-08-2017, 01:22 PM

Any news on this? My car behaves exactly the same and went to dealership where they performed "software update"- it still feels hesitant...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Renault Twingo Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page